Copyright © 2010 | Healing Petals | All Rights Reserved
• Medical care that is patient-centered rather than provider-focused.
• Quality nutritional food,
• Opportunity for quiet meditation and spiritual reflection,
• Access to nature and the arts, especially original art in patient rooms.
• Support for friends and families and
• An architectural and interior design conducive to human beings caring for
and serving other human beings. .
Saint Thomas Case Study
- II. Patient Centered Care
A Case Study of the Healing Petals Installation
at Saint Thomas Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee
More than 'Pretty Pictures'
Saint Thomas Hospital is a leading member of the Planetree Alliance, a consortium of medical facilities that practice and promote “patient-centered care.” This philosophy recognizes the importance of an holistic approach to medical care – one that encourages healing in all dimensions – mental, emotional, spiritual and social as well as physical. This includes:
Part II. Patient-Centered Care